Role: Consultancy/Lead Consultant
Client: Jardine Motors/ LancasterGroup
Objective: Maximising the value of the Porsche Site, Stratford, London
Back to Consultancy
Northland identified the residential developement potential of the site which housed a Porsche Garage on the edge of the Olympic Park in Stratford East London.
Northland approached the sites owners and discussed how we could deliver a residential consent that would unlock the sites value. After having to compete with a number of large West End Agencies, Northland was appointed as the lead consultant to deliver a mixed use planning permission that maximised the sites value.
- 5 leading architectural firms invited to submit an initial site capacity study and design feasibility
- 3 were chosen to attend an interview with Northland the planning consultant and the client
- The architects who it was considered could deliver the scheme that fully maximised the sites potential and value were appointed.
- Northland instigated and managed early engagement with the LB Newham planners and ODA ( Olympic Delivery Authority) as the scheme was on the boundary of the Olympic Park. Through an intense design and consultation process the initial scheme was developed
- 12 additional consultants were appointed to deliver the very large number of supporting reports that were required
- Extensive negotiation and consultation with all interested parties resulted in a design that addressed the majority of the concerns raised in the consultation and planning process. Effective management of these complex negotiations ensured that maximum land value was secured.
- The scheme was duly approved by the LB Newham and the ODA and signed off by the Mayor of London.
- Planning permission was obtained for a scheme that ranged from 5 to 18 storeys for 731 sq m of commercial space and 173 residential units ( 20% affordable by hab room)
- Northland delivered the scheme within budget.
- Northland assisted in the sale of the site to a developer with a delayed completion to allow for relocation of the Porsche facility.