We maximise land value
If you would like to explore your development opportunities speak to Mike North on 01728 745 342 or on the mobile 07870 265595.
I have held positions from Land Buyer to Land Director in both the public and private sectors. I have worked for Housing Associations and small niche developers through to medium and major development companies including;
- Metropolitan Housing Trust
- Berkeley Group
- Telford Homes
Whilst working for residential developers, I was responsible for the identification, purchase and then delivering planning consents, on sites for more than 4000 new homes, at a land cost of in excess of £200m.
Northland was established in 2009. We have two distinct areas of operation
- Consultancy Northland works for and with landowners, advising them on how to maximise the residential and mixed use potential of their property portfolios. Northland is involved from site identification through managing the design and planning process to advising on disposal or joint venture strategies. As well as advising individuals and companies with limited portfolios, Northland identified and advised Jardine Motors on a major site in Stratford East London (see Porsche Case Study) and are contracted to Royal Mail to provide ongoing consultancy services in relation to their extensive property holdings.
- Development As a developer, Northland has been active primarily in London and the Home Counties, on sites in urban and rural areas of between 2 and 50 homes.
- Some are the refurbishment and conversion of existing buildings right through to the regeneration of brownfield sites and the development of previously undeveloped land.
- A number of the sites we have worked on included listed buildings or were within Conservation Areas.
- We work closely with landowners and vendors to make sure that we reach an agreement that creates the maximum land value within a defined timescale. We have a very flexible approach, and can structure any deal in a variety of ways from an outright purchase without planning permission, through to an option and or subject to planning contracts.
- We are happy to work with individuals, companies or community facilities, who wish to either develop part of their land holding and stay within their existing building within the new development, or would like to remain on site within a new facility (please see Lion Club case study)
- As well as maximizing land value, we consistently achieve consents on land and sites where others have failed.